|Back to Back Issues Page|
Freelance Writing Success, Issue #017 -- social media marketing
June 01, 2013
Social Media Marketing
Are You Making The Most of Social Media?
Social media is here to stay and experts say that if you're not using it in your marketing efforts, you could be leaving money on the table.
So the question is, how do we use social media effectively?
First of all, you need to realize that it takes time to build an audience. Social media is no magic bullet so if you plan on implementing it into your marketing mix, you will need to do it regularly otherwise, it may not be worth your time.
Here are some tips to making social media work for your business.
1. You can't fake how you feel about your clients and customers. If you really like them, it will come across in your communications and if you don't...well then that will come across as well. You will want to be providing useful information, not selling. That's a major turnoff, especially in social media.
2. It's all about benefits. As you provide tips, articles and other useful content, you can add how working with you can provide benefits to them but not in a sales pitch. Just keep it casual.
3. Be engaging. If your content isn't engaging readers will lose interest. You want to write in a conversational tone and make a point, ask questions or provide tips to accomplish a goal.
4. Respond to all questions, comments and posts. You want to stay engaged and keep the conversation going and communication is the key.
5. No matter what someone says, stay calm and friendly. Remember, others will be following and losing your cool is the fastest way to lose clients. No one wants to work with someone that is difficult or mean tempered. By staying cool you are showing that you are the bigger person.
Social media doesn't have to be difficult but it does need to be consistent.
If you want to begin your social media marketing campaign but don't have the time to implement it yourself or would like to know more about how I can help, please feel free to contact me at 951-347-3715 or firstname.lastname@example.org/contactmaria.html
Malicious Secrets a Sam Parker Mystery is available! Here are a few reviews:
Maria Pease hits a home run with her second in the Sam Parker Mystery series.
Samantha Parker is a young determined women, trying to make it as a private investigator. Sam has what it takes; she is smart, energetic and curious with the raw gut feelings that that will make a great PI. Get ready to go to some pretty dark places with Sam as she gets herself into situations that are both thrilling and dangerous.
Sam knows what she wants, except when it comes to men. Her love life isn’t quite as clear as her profession. Malicious Secrets is a page turner that you won’t want to put down, so clear your calendar for another exciting adventure with Sam Parker, PI.
- Lisa Beach, Business Owner/Educator
Malicious Secrets, the second in the Sam Parker Mystery Series, is smart, sexy, funny, and exciting. It’s a page turner that will keep you guessing and anxious to see what’s next and you’ll be extremely entertained throughout. Couldn’t put it down!! It’s a real winner, a must read. - Andrea Tomes
Read the first five chapters FREE! at
Don't forget to read more about my first book,
Have any questions? You can feel free to
contact me here.
Talk with you soon,
|Back to Back Issues Page|